Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My Wedding



Well, since I've been married a little over three months now, it's probably time to blog about my wedding. It was amazing. It was gorgeous. It was everything I dreamed of. Everything we dreamed of. My dress was beautiful. The weather was great. And the few things that did go wrong (not one is ever perfect), I didn't know about until the next day because I had the best coordinator in the world - Thank you, Arnie Levin. Here is one of my favortie photos.






My bridesmaids - my sisters - were beautiful. I absoloutely loved the way the pearl necklace strands were framed on their backs. Check it out below.


Old - On the morning of my wedding, a friend of the family stopped by the salon and gave me a handkerchief that belonged to her mother. I was missing my something old, and I really wanted a handkerchief. It was the perfect solution.
New - My beautiful dress, which had to be taken in 3 times. Thank you, Brittney Howard, for introducing me to Weight Watchers! Sher said it had enough crinolin in it that I could float across Broadway!
Borrowed - My mom lent me her double-stranded pearls. I also wore them in my engagement protraits.
Blue - My Shoes!!! I desperately wanted (and still do) the Manolo Blahnik Something Blue Shoes worn by Carrie in the SATC movie, but they weren't available for shipping until 10 days after the wedding. I totally would have bought them too. But I found these (actually, Thad found these), and I love them. Such pretty crystal detail across the foot. They were originally supposed to be my reception shoes, but after deciding between 3 pairs of shoes (seriously, I brought 3 pairs of shoes that day), Sher talked me into the blue ones. I'm so glad I went with those.




And what can be said about my precious flower girl, Nora Kate! She's adorable. The Cathdral has a rule that all flower girls/ring bearers must be at least 5 years old. Nora Kate was not quite 2 at the time of the wedding, so her mom graciously agreed to dress her up and have her be our honorary flower girl. She's so sweet.




When I was in Savannah in 2004 with Kate, we were walking along the river shops, and I bought a small white parasol in hopes that one day my flower girl would be able to use it. It was my one Gone With the Wind touch for the wedding. She liked playing with it (though not in this photo).




I guess the last thing to comment on was our cheographed dance. We had so much fun learning our cheography (our instructor made sure we knew that we did not know how to dance but instead had simply learned a routine). We chose a seductive song. Michael Buble - I'm Your Man. It was great. The CD started, and our guests were so loud that we had to restart it. The second time, they were STILL loud, so our counts were off for about the first 16 steps. But we had a blast anyway.




If you didn't have fun, you were at the wrong wedding because it was a BLAST, and I wouldn't change a thing about it.






No comments: